Implement Elasticsearch for better search and data access
MySQL is great, we love it. But sometimes you feel the need for speed, scalability and analytics. We implement Elasticsearch to take over from MySQL when we need fast access to large amounts of data. Elasticsearch allows for more complex query strings, facet filtering, across larger datasets. It also comes with spelling correction, and is ready to scale infinitely.
I have worked with Electric Studio for a number of years and I have found them to be an excellent web agency. They were instrumental in a hugely complex website redesign and I found them to be adaptable, reliable and easy to work with. I would highly recommend them.
Rob Fielding, AC-ET Digital Marketing
Why use Elasticsearch for your web app or website?
Elasticsearch is an enterprise level search server that is built on top of Apache Lucene. It provides a distributed full text search service that communicates via JSON over HTTP.
Elasticsearch is trusted by the biggest names in tech, like eBay and Netflix. You can use it to index your data from a single or multiple sources to vastly improve data access, search capabilities and analytics.
- Spelling Correction – Did you mean Spellcheck?
- Bigram matching – high heels = highheels
- Stemming – add = adding
- Synonyms – car = automobile
- Phrase matching – “fast food” does not equal “food fast”
Near Realtime Results
Increased Search Accuracy
How we can help with WordPress and Elasticsearch
If you have a data access issue, need to make the search better and faster in WordPress or WooCommerce, or need more reliable data analytics to make better business decisions, then we can help you using Elasticsearch.
We use a very simple process to ensure a smooth project, and it all starts with us sitting down with you to understand your business, looking at your users, and what your website needs to be able to deliver and to whom.
- Integrate with back office CRM’s to manage content, user data, and third party channels
- Works alongside custom web applications and MySQL data for a seamless flow of data
- Indexes data from multiple data sources into one data source
- Handle large numbers of complex queries
- Improves search and facet filtering on large WordPress and WooCommerce integrations
- Ability to search across multiple fields without losing performance
- AWS hosting, downtime unlikely, failover mechanisms in place
- Reduces calls to mysql database
- Search analytics using Kibana
- Easy integration with third party data providers
We also use Elasticsearch on our Responsive Web Apps built on Laravel.