What is a API Integration?
API is the acronym for Application Programming Interface, which is a software intermediary that allows two applications to talk to each other, usually using REST. Everytime you use an app like Facebook, send an instant message, or check the weather on your iPhone, or place an order with Amazon, you’re using an API to send the data from one platform to the other.
The professionalism from everyone has been superb – it is such a refreshing change from what we are used to!
What are the business benefits of a API Integration?
The main benefit with a API Integrations is that it can let you use a single source of truth, where the single source of truth (SSOT) is a concept used to ensure that everyone in an organisation bases business decisions on the same data. An example could be that your Ecommerce solution check the stock in your warehousing solution using an API before allowing an order, and when the order is placed updates stoch and moves the order and customer data into your CRM.
Shared Business Functionality
Single Source of Truth
Removing Human Errors
How our API Integrations can help your business
No more manual data updates, using out of date customer or product data, or giving customers mixed messages as the data provided to support or sales staff doesn’t match what the website says. With a well considered API integration, your data will always stay synced and true, on all connected platforms.
Some examples of API Integrations we have completed to save our clients time, effort and money, by automating their processes include:
- Connecting Salesforce, Stripe, Mailchimp and WordPress for a seamless membership solution
- Syncing Microsoft Dynamics and WooCommerce to keep customer and stock inventories up to date
- Indexing available products from an internal, custom CRM, into Elasticsearch for complex online search and filtering of the same
- Integrating Intercom and several news feeds into a custom Laravel web software solution
- Showing availability in a calendar format on a website, and syncing back online bookings