Position now filled
Join our growing team and create work we can all be proud of.
Salary: Depending on experience
Job-type : Full time
Location: Milton Park, Oxfordshire
We are looking for a seasoned (think 3 years plus experience) and personable individual to develop custom WordPress solutions for our amazing clients. Work with our technically oriented team to grow your skills and help us improve as a company. You won’t find anyone pressuring you to “just make it work” because we know that’s not how you write great code or do Good Work. We care about how our sites are built as much as how they look.
We don’t expect you to know everything already, but in the future you responsibilities will include:
- You must be self-motivated and able to manage yourself, result driven, and have good interpersonal skills.
- Website and WordPress development, optimised across multiple browsers and device platforms
- Work across a broad range of exciting projects for wide variety of customers
- Getting involved with planning and development of scalable websites and e-commerce solutions
- Be involved at all stages of the design and development process
- User Acceptance Testing and support of new and existing solutions
- Stay up-to-date with current web trends and new technologies and have a desire to push the boundaries.
- Work in a variety of development processes, including Agile and Waterfall
Technical Skills & Experience
- Familiar with WordPress and how to develop bespoke themes based on our in-house web designs
- Feel at home in modern object-oriented PHP using PHP 5.6 or 7 and how to apply those principles to solve problems
- Experience of using version control systems – ideally Git
- Possess good understanding of accessibility standards
- An organised approach with excellent attention to detail and a pride in your work
- The ability to work to tight deadlines whilst keeping clients and colleagues up to date, and with exceptional service provided at all times
What we offer
We offer a creative, inspirational environment and love people with ambition. Our pay is competitive, and include pension contributions, and our work environment busy, but relaxed. It also helps if you don’t mind losing to us on MarioKart 8, or at the occasional Go-Karting race or laser tag game. We also go to the pub for lunch most Friday’s.
- Competitive salary
- Full time
- Work remotely
- 25 days holiday, plus public and bank holidays, grows to 28 after 5 years
- Flexible working hours to suit your needs
- Conference contributions
- 3% matched company pension
- Modern agency environment with high-spec Macbook Pro’s and 27″ monitors
- Excellent location with free parking and good bus routes
- Conferences and training
- Breakout area with large TV and games
- Free tea and coffee
- Cycle to work bike scheme
- Free annual flu vaccination.
- Your birthday off
- Regular social events, including meals out whenever we launch a new website