Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to all commissions. Additional terms RELATING TO WEB HOSTING can be found here.
All services provided by Electric Studio Ltd to the Client are subject to the following terms and conditions.
1. Acceptance. A copy of these terms and conditions must be signed by all new Clients at the time of submission of work to Electric Studio Ltd, indicating agreement to and acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Alternatively, payment of an advance fee or payment online is an acceptance of our terms and conditions. A copy of these terms and conditions is available via our website.
2. Charges. Charges for services to be provided by Electric Studio Ltd are defined in the project quotation that the Client receives via e-mail. Quotations are valid for a period of 30 days. Electric Studio Ltd reserves the right to alter or decline to provide a quotation after expiry of the 30 days.
Unless agreed otherwise with the Client, all website design services require an advance payment of a minimum of fifty (50) percent of the project quotation total before the work is supplied to the Client for review. The remaining fifty (50) percent of the project quotation total will be due upon completion of the work prior to upload to the server or release of materials. Charges for web design work does not cover the release of source png or fla files; if the Client requires these files, they will be subject to a separate quotation.
Payment for services is due by cheque or bank transfer. Cheques should be made payable to Electric Studio Ltd and sent to The Core Business Centre, Milton Hill, Steventon Abingdon, OX13 6AB. Bank details will be made available on invoices.
3. Client Review. Electric Studio Ltd will provide the Client with an opportunity to review the appearance and content of the website during the design phase and once the overall website development is completed. At the completion of the project, such materials will be deemed to be accepted and approved unless the Client notifies Electric Studio Ltd otherwise within ten (10) days of the date the materials are made available to the Client.
4. Turnaround Time and Content Control. Electric Studio Ltd will install and publicly post or supply the Client’s website by the date specified in the project proposal, or at date agreed with Client upon Electric Studio Ltd receiving initial payment, unless a delay is specifically requested by the Client and agreed by Electric Studio Ltd.
In return, the Client agrees to delegate a single individual as a primary contact to aid Electric Studio Ltd with progressing the commission in a satisfactory and expedient manner.
During the project, Electric Studio Ltd will require the Client to provide website content; text, images, movies and sound files. If content is not provided within four (4) weeks of an official request by email then Electric Studio Ltd reserves the right to advise the Client of a revision to the final payment fee based on new or revised pricing schedules that may be introduced from time to time. If content is not provided within eight (8) weeks from the original email request then the Client is considered to be in default of the commission, the project will be terminated and the Client sent the final invoice for immediate payment. Electric Studio Ltd will agree, at its discretion, to recommence the commission after agreement is reached on a new quotation document and once the original fees have been paid.
5. Payment. Invoices will be provided by Electric Studio Ltd upon completion of the work for Web Design and any associated services. Invoices are normally sent via email; however, the Client may choose to receive hard copy invoices. Invoices are due upon receipt. Accounts that remain unpaid thirty (30) days after the date of the invoice will be assessed a service charge in the amount of the higher of one and one-half percent (1.5%) or £30 per month of the total amount due.
6. Default. Accounts unpaid thirty (30) days after the date of invoice will be considered in default. If the Client in default maintains any information or files on Electric Studio Ltd‘s Web space, Electric Studio Ltd will, at its discretion, remove all such material from its web space. Electric Studio Ltd is not responsible for any loss of data incurred due to the removal of the service. Removal of such material does not relieve the Client of the obligation to pay any outstanding charges assessed to the Client’s account. Cheques returned for insufficient funds will be assessed a return charge of £25 and the Client’s account will immediately be considered to be in default until full payment is received. Clients with accounts in default agree to pay Electric Studio Ltd reasonable expenses, including legal fees and costs for collection by third-party agencies, incurred by Electric Studio Ltd in enforcing these Terms and Conditions.
7. Termination. Termination of services by the Client must be requested in a written notice and will be effective on receipt of such notice. E-mail or telephone requests for termination of services will not be honoured until and unless confirmed in writing. The Client will be invoiced for design work completed to the date of first notice of cancellation for payment in full within thirty (30) days.
8. Legal Restrictions. Terms and Conditions relating to hosting account content and usage may be found at here
9. Copyright.The Client retains the copyright to data, files and graphic logos provided by the Client, and grants Electric Studio Ltd the rights to publish and use such material. The Client must obtain permission and rights to use any information or files that are copyrighted by a third party. The Client is further responsible for granting Electric Studio Ltd permission and rights for use of the same and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Electric Studio Ltd from any and all claims resulting from the Client’s negligence or inability to obtain proper copyright permissions.
You own the graphics and other visual elements that we create for you for this project. We will give you a copy of all files and you should store them really safely as we are not required to keep them or provide any native source files that we used in making them. You cannot sell or use the design on other websites unless we agree to it.
A contract for website design and/or placement shall be regarded as a guarantee by the Client to Electric Studio Ltd that all such permissions and authorities have been obtained. Evidence of permissions and authorities may be requested.
10. Standard Media Delivery. Unless otherwise specified in the project quotation, this Agreement assumes that any text will be provided by the Client in electronic format (ASCII text files delivered on floppy disk or via e-mail or FTP) and that all photographs and other graphics will be provided physically in high quality print suitable for scanning or electronically in .gif, .jpeg, .png or .tiff format. Although every reasonable attempt shall be made by Electric Studio Ltd to return to the Client any images or printed material provided for use in creation of the Client’s website, such return cannot be guaranteed.
11. Design Credit. A link to Electric Studio Ltd will appear in either small type or by a small graphic at the bottom of the Client’s website. If a graphic is used, it will be designed to fit in with the overall site design. If a client requests that the design credit be removed, a nominal fee of 10% of the total development charges will be applied. When total development charges are less than £5000, a fixed fee of £500 will be applied.
12. Access Requirements. If the Client’s website is to be installed on a third-party server, Electric Studio Ltd must be granted temporary read/write access to the Client’s storage directories which must be accessible via FTP. Depending on the specific nature of the project, other resources might also need to be configured on the server.
13. Post-Placement Alterations. Electric Studio Ltd cannot accept responsibility for any alterations caused by a third party occurring to the Client’s pages once installed. Such alterations include, but are not limited to additions, modifications or deletions.
14. Domain Names. Electric Studio Ltd may purchase domain names on behalf of the Client. Payment and renewal of those domain names is the responsibility of the Client. The loss, cancellation or otherwise of the domain brought about by non or late payment is not the responsibility of Electric Studio Ltd. The Client should keep a record of the due dates for payment to ensure that payment is received in good time.
15. General. These Terms and Conditions supersede all previous representations, understandings or agreements. The Client’s signature below or payment of an advance fee constitutes agreement to and acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Payment online is an acceptance of our terms and conditions.
16. Governing Law. This Agreement shall be governed by English Law.
17. Liability. Electric Studio Ltd hereby excludes itself, its Employees and or Agents from all and any liability from:
- Loss or damage caused by any inaccuracy;
- Loss or damage caused by omission;
- Loss or damage caused by delay or error, whether the result of negligence or other cause in the production of the web site;
- Loss or damage to clients’ artwork/photos, supplied for the site. Immaterial whether the loss or damage results from negligence or otherwise.
The entire liability of Electric Studio Ltd to the Client in respect of any claim whatsoever or breach of this Agreement, whether or not arising out of negligence, shall be limited to the charges paid for the Services under this Agreement in respect of which the breach has arisen.
17. Severability. In the event any one or more of the provisions of this Agreement shall be held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the remaining provisions of this Agreement shall be unimpaired and the Agreement shall not be void for this reason alone. Such invalid, illegal or unenforceable provision shall be replaced by a mutually acceptable valid, legal and enforceable provision, which comes closest to the intention of the parties underlying the invalid, illegal or unenforceable provision.
18. Confidentiality. Any and all communications shall remain strictly confidential. You may not use, copy or disclose any information or communications, or share it in any way.