Disclaimer: Electric Studio are not legal experts and these are just our suggestions on the matter which we hope will be useful. It is not intended as legal advice.
On May 26th 2011 a new EU originated law came into effect that requires website owners to make site visitors aware of what cookies your website sets and what they do.
If you are using a WordPress website, then it’s fairly straight forward to comply. In theory you need to do two things, 1) add a “about cookies” page on your website explain what cookies are being used and for what, 2 ) flag this up and offer a way to decline or accept this using our “Electric Studio EU Cookie Law Compliance” WordPress plugin. If you want to take it to the extreme, allow for people to turn off any non essential cookies using a functionality on your site, or explain how to use the browsers settings to do the same. By non essential cookies we mean cookies that are there for your needs only, eg Google Analytics or similar cookies used for user behavioural tracking.
Continue reading Electric Studio EU Cookie Law Compliance Notice WordPress Plugin
This is an exciting opportunity to join a small but incredible team in a design and new media studio focussed on delivering a first-class end-product for established and growing high-end brands.
You’ll get to work on a range of beautifully designed digital communications including websites, e-commerce stores, Mobile Apps, HTML emails and much more.
To apply, please email your CV and a list of links firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You have an online portfolio of standards-compliant hand-coded websites
- You want to learn even more about pushing the boundaries of the web and are excited about the possibilites of new technologies including HTML5
- You are using, or are familiar with, Github
- You have some experience developing websites for mobile devices using responsive design
- You have an excellent understanding of cross-browser and cross-platform issues
- You have good experience in working with WordPress
- You have a good understanding of SEO best practices, you don’t need to be a SEO guru, just be aware of your role in it all
- Ideally, you’ll have some working knowledge of PHP and MySQL
- You’re design literate and understand the value of pixel perfection and respect the design teams input
- You’re outgoing, comfortable talking to clients and enjoy working as part of a small team
- You’re self-motivated, happy to get stuck in and tight deadlines bring out the best in you
- You speak English and can work in our Milton Park offices every day of the week
Key skills and experience
- Our collaborative approach means you’ll be working closely with designers and developers alike
- You’ll be taking final PSDs and converting them into advanced CSS layouts
- You’ll get the opportunity to develop your skills across all areas
- You might have to talk to the odd client
- You’ll be frequently asked to contribute to the bigger picture, with opportunities to get involved in strategy, planning and creative ideas for both clients and the studio itself
We offer a creative, inspirational environment and love people with ambition. Our pay is competitive and our work environment relaxed. It also helps if you don’t mind loosing to us on Xbox or at the occasional Go-Karting race.
This position is now filled, but if you feel you can add value to a growing and exciting company, please do send us your CV.
Excellent opportunity for a experienced Web Designer to join one of Oxfordshire’s most respected, successful and fun (we have an Xbox) web design and development companies.
You will need 2-5 years of previous experience in web design and development, and experience using:
- PhotoShop or Fireworks
- HTML and CSS
We’d also appreciate it if you have some understanding of usability, accessibility, information architecture and building to W3C standards. App development for iOS and Android knowledge would be incredibly advantageous. Mac or PC, your choice.
Your role will be to create and deliver websites and other digital assets. You will be required to: Create website designs and email marketing campaigns, and develop the same; Create web banners and all digital display broadcast ready artwork; Support existing websites and add/edit content, tweak functions and other related tasks. You will be responsible for taking ownership of your development and liaising with the creative team to continually enhance knowledge and skills. Electric Studio will also offer you to go on courses to further enhance your skills.
Electric Studio is an expanding web design company based south of Oxford. Our client include, Oxford University, Oxford University Press, NHS, Gilles Peterson, UKAEA, Suzy Lamplugh Trust and many more.
Send your CV to email@example.com and make sure to include some links to previous work you have been involved in stating your role in each project.
NO agencies please.
Electric Studio are very excited to announce the launch of Electric Hosting, our premium web hosting company offering a 99.9% service level agreement, SLA.
We spotted a gap in the market for our customers in need of business grade, reliable and fast web hosting that didn’t require any knowledge of managing dedicated servers or virtual private servers.
So when you’ve outgrown shared hosting, but can’t justify the expense and don’t have the experience or time to manage a dedicated server or VPS, our Shared Cloud Web Hosting is for you.
We utilise the many benefits of a VPS solution rather than a single server and each VPS server hosts no more than 50 sites, compared to an industry standard of at least 500 per server. Every account comes complete with their own cPanel control panel allowing full control of emails, databases, FTP accounts and much more. If your website is vital to your business, then you can rely on our premium hosting solutions to provide the highest uptime. It’s also fully backed up just in case.
You can order Cloud Web Hosting on-line today
Electric Studio have moved offices, and changed telephone number. The new offices in Milton Park will give us more space, fibre optical internet and a much brighter working environment.
68J Milton Park
Please feel free to stop by for a cuppa, it would jolly nice to see you (ps; please do let us know in advance!).
For those of you who can’t make it, here’s a few photos.
Continue reading We’ve moved to our new offices!