December 14th 2012 by
Oxford Web Design company Electric Studio are hiring a local, full-time, seriously talented front-end developer with mad WordPress skills. If you know what “The Loop” and “Responsive” is, we would love to meet you.
For those who haven’t a clue on who we are, we are Electric Studio. We do responsive WordPress sites for amazing clients, and you will be building, learning and breathing everything web/app and WordPress. You will be responsible for bringing our fantastic designs to life by producing amazing code. You will work on projects, both in small teams and alone.
You are the right person if you are out of school, a self-taught guru, or an experienced professional looking for an awesome team to be a part of. Here’s what things you’re good at:
- You have strong WordPress skills
- You understand in-depth HTML5, CSS3 and Responsive Development
- Used to working with GIT, Sass and Compass on a Mac
- Cross-browser testing and bug-fixing
- You work well as part of a team, but take ownership and show responsibility when on your own
- You cope well with loads to do
- You can maybe teach us a thing or two
- You can work on site in Milton Park, Oxfordshire
- PHP & WordPress Plugin development experience a plus
- Any web or creative agency experience
- Mobile web development experience
- You love WordPress as much as we do
This will be determined on your skill and experience. Let us know what your expected salary might be. This is a full time opportunity, 5 days a week, based in our Milton Park, Oxfordshire offices.
If you want to apply to join our team, send an email with your CV to hello[at]electricstudio.co.uk. Be sure to tell us about yourself, why you think you’d be a good fit and what makes you well awesome. What you should send us:
- Details of your experience and development background/CV
- Links to your previous work, code samples, sites, etc
- What makes you the right fit
- Can you xbox and drive a gocart?
- How we can contact you
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
This is an exciting opportunity to join a small but incredible team in a design and new media studio focussed on delivering a first-class end-product for established and growing high-end brands.
You’ll get to work on a range of beautifully designed digital communications including websites, e-commerce stores, Mobile Apps, HTML emails and much more.
To apply, please email your CV and a list of links email@example.com.
- You have an online portfolio of standards-compliant hand-coded websites
- You want to learn even more about pushing the boundaries of the web and are excited about the possibilites of new technologies including HTML5
- You are using, or are familiar with, Github
- You have some experience developing websites for mobile devices using responsive design
- You have an excellent understanding of cross-browser and cross-platform issues
- You have good experience in working with WordPress
- You have a good understanding of SEO best practices, you don’t need to be a SEO guru, just be aware of your role in it all
- Ideally, you’ll have some working knowledge of PHP and MySQL
- You’re design literate and understand the value of pixel perfection and respect the design teams input
- You’re outgoing, comfortable talking to clients and enjoy working as part of a small team
- You’re self-motivated, happy to get stuck in and tight deadlines bring out the best in you
- You speak English and can work in our Milton Park offices every day of the week
Key skills and experience
- Our collaborative approach means you’ll be working closely with designers and developers alike
- You’ll be taking final PSDs and converting them into advanced CSS layouts
- You’ll get the opportunity to develop your skills across all areas
- You might have to talk to the odd client
- You’ll be frequently asked to contribute to the bigger picture, with opportunities to get involved in strategy, planning and creative ideas for both clients and the studio itself
We offer a creative, inspirational environment and love people with ambition. Our pay is competitive and our work environment relaxed. It also helps if you don’t mind loosing to us on Xbox or at the occasional Go-Karting race.
This position is now filled, but if you feel you can add value to a growing and exciting company, please do send us your CV.
Excellent opportunity for a experienced Web Designer to join one of Oxfordshire’s most respected, successful and fun (we have an Xbox) web design and development companies.
You will need 2-5 years of previous experience in web design and development, and experience using:
- PhotoShop or Fireworks
- HTML and CSS
We’d also appreciate it if you have some understanding of usability, accessibility, information architecture and building to W3C standards. App development for iOS and Android knowledge would be incredibly advantageous. Mac or PC, your choice.
Your role will be to create and deliver websites and other digital assets. You will be required to: Create website designs and email marketing campaigns, and develop the same; Create web banners and all digital display broadcast ready artwork; Support existing websites and add/edit content, tweak functions and other related tasks. You will be responsible for taking ownership of your development and liaising with the creative team to continually enhance knowledge and skills. Electric Studio will also offer you to go on courses to further enhance your skills.
Electric Studio is an expanding web design company based south of Oxford. Our client include, Oxford University, Oxford University Press, NHS, Gilles Peterson, UKAEA, Suzy Lamplugh Trust and many more.
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and make sure to include some links to previous work you have been involved in stating your role in each project.
NO agencies please.
August 22nd 2010 by
Electric Studio are very pleased to announce the arrival of James and Matthew, two super developers. Their knowledge is mainly focused on LAMP, WordPress and developing W3C valid XHTML and CSS. James started in August and Matthew joins us at the beginning of September.
Matthew, Patrik, James and Dave